White chocolate muffins are lovely with fruits. Here is a simple fruit muffin recipe, easy to make all through the year. You can use any other fruits you like.
Ingredients (enough for 12 muffins):
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (for me was enough. The recipe is with one tablespoon plus two teaspoons of baking powder)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups can apricot halves, drained and chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup white chocolate, chopped in small pieces
Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
Prepare your muffin pan with paper cups.
Sift together flour, salt and baking powder into a medium bowl.
Melt the butter in a sauce pan, on low heat, careful not to burn it. Remove from heat.
Transfer the melted butter to a large bowl. Add the vanilla extract, almond extract and milk. Stir to combine and let it cool, at room temperature.
Mix in the eggs and sugar.
Add flour mixture, stirring at low speed, until well combined.
Stir in the white chocolate chips and fruits (you can keep some fruits for the top).
Fill each muffin cup barely full.
Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center of the muffins comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack and serve cooled.
Recipe inspired from Linda.