This is definitely my favorite ginger cookies cutout recipe. I make them every year, the whole winter season, with my daughter. This year will help us and her two years old little brother. I think this will be one of their favorite memories from our winter traditions. It’s so much fun baking cookies with kids!
Ingredients for ginger cookies:
- 140 g honey
- 120 g brown sugar
- 50 ml water
- 150 butter
- 2-3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon all spices
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 480 g flour
- In a small pan, heat the water, honey and sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in the butter. Let cool 10 minutes at room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all the remained ingredients: flour, condiments and baking soda. Add in the syrup and mix until it forms a soft dough.
- Wrap the dough and chill in the fridge for at least half 1-2 hours.
- Roll out the dough to 4 mm, between plastic foil. Using cookies cutters, cut the dough into forms and carefully transfer them on a prepared cookie pan. This dough can support beautiful decorative lines (see the pictures below).
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- This ginger cookies are really soft and flavourful after 1-2 days in a closed jar.
Have fun baking cookies!